Star Council Award
The Star Council Award recognizes outstanding achievement in membership, insurance and service program activities. To be eligible to earn the Star Council Award, a council must qualify for all three other awards.
The requirements to achieve the Star Council Award are as follows:
1) Achieve the Father McGivney Award requirements
2) Achieve the Founders’ Award requirements
3) Achieve the Columbian Award requirements
4) In order to qualify for any awards, Councils must not be suspended by the Supreme Council office for nonpayment of per capita, Catholic Advertising, or supply charges.
Father McGivney Award Requirements:
- Achieve membership quota.
- The quota for Councils is a seven percent increase of membership additions over deductions based on total active membership of the Council as of July 1. Minimum of thirty members in the Council required. (Inactive insurance members are not included when computing the July 1 quota at the Supreme Council office). The quota for councils with 30-100 members is a net increase of five members for the fraternal year. The quota for councils with 101 or more members is a 7 percent net increase in membership for the fraternal year.
- Additions will be credited for new members, juvenile to adult membership, reinstatements, reactivations, readmissions and reapplications received, processed, and recorded at the Supreme Council office between July 1 and June 30.
- Deductions to be charged against the quota include all suspensions and withdrawals processed and recorded at the Supreme Council office between July 1 and June 30.
- Net gain or loss to be affected only by items (b) and (c) in this section.
Transfers in or out of the Council and deaths will not be counted toward or against the quota. Monthly reports reflecting membership gains and losses will be supplied to each District Deputy, Grand Knight, Financial Secretary, and Membership Director.
(Note: New Councils must meet the required membership quota. New Council quota is based upon the number of members recorded on the Notice of Institution, minimum 30 members required.)
Achievement of the membership quota will be automatically determined at the Supreme Council office by membership transactions received, processed, and recorded by June 30.
There is no application form to be completed for the Father McGivney Award.
Complete and submit the Columbian Award Application (SP7) found in theCouncil Report Forms Booklet (#1436) or at www.kofc.org/forms. Councils must conduct and report at least four major programs in each of the Service Program categories: Church, community, council, family, culture of life, and youth. Completed applications must reach the Supreme Council office by June 30.
- Conduct at least four major programs in each of the Faith in action categories of Faith, Family, Community and Life
Complete the Columbian Award Application (#sP-7) — due by June 30
- submit the NEW Service Program Personnel Report (#365) — due by Aug. 1
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Achieve insurance member quota. The quota for councils with 30-100 members is a net increase of three members for the fraternal year. The quota for councils with 101 or more members is a 2.5 percent net increase in membership for the fraternal year. There is no form for this award.
(Note: all membership and insurance transactions must be received, processed, recorded and released at the Supreme Council office by June 30.)
To qualify, membership transactions and ceremonial reports must be received, processed and recorded by the Supreme Council office by close of business of the last working day of June (EST).