Are you “buff”? Are you “ripped”? Can you “drive” with your legs? If so, we can use your help on Aug 19, 2017. We need 25 people on a team to pull a 727 fedEx plane 12 feet. If you’re up for the challenge, sign-up at…http://sosc.convio.net/goto/OCKofC
SUPPORT SPECIAL OLYMPICS
SPECIAL OLYMPICS SUMMER GAMES AT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIV. LONG BEACH
KOFC VOLUNTEERS FEEDING THE ATHLETES JUNE 9-11
Knights of Columbus volunteers will serve meals in the Hillside Residential Dining Facility, California State University – Long Beach (park in Lot 19) and at Parkside Residential Dining Facility, California State University – Long Beach (park in Lot 14A). A map will be distributed prior to event.
The following are the meal periods the Knights as a group will be volunteering. Everyone must pre-register on the Special Olympics website. You may register for multiple meal period times if you like. Registration instructions follow.
If the councils from the Orange County Chapter would prefer to stay together as a group they can register for volunteer time at Parkside Residential Dining Facility which presently has the most open slots left.
- Friday, Jun 9th, 2017 from 04:15 PM to 08:00 PM Evening Dinner (Hillside Dining Room)
- Saturday, Jun 10th, 2017 from 06:00 AM to 08:00 AM Breakfast (Hillside Dining Room)
- Saturday, Jun 10th, 2017 from 04:15 PM to 08:00 PM Dinner – (Hillside Dining Room)
- Saturday, Jun 10th, 2017 from 04:15 PM to 08:00 PM Dinner – (Parkside Dining Room)
- Sunday, Jun 11th, 2017 from 06:00 AM to 08:00 AM Breakfast – (Hillside Dining Room)
- Sunday, Jun 11th, 2017 from 06:00 AM to 08:00 AM Breakfast – (Parkside Dining Room)
Registration opens on April 10th at 8am.
Summer Games Volunteers,
Thank you for volunteering at Special Olympics Southern California’s 2017 Summer Games. To register for Summer Games, please follow the registration instructions below:
Please register by Friday, June 9th at 9am; all unfilled group shifts will be released to the public after this date and time.
How to register:
- Go to: https://2017-summergames-volunteer.my-trs.com
- Begin by clicking the purple “Register Now” button.
- Located the blue “Public Volunteer Groups” box and click “”
- In the “Access Code box”, enter code: KOC and click “Unlock”
- Select your shift by clicking on the small gray box to the right & click “Next”
- If you are new to the site, create an account on the left and click “” If you already have an account with the site, login on the right.
- Fill out profile question & Click “Next”
- Agree to Terms & Conditions by initialing & click “Agree & Confirm”
- Review shift and Select “Confirm”
- You are officially registered! Within 5 minutes you will receive a confirmation email.
Thank you for helping to make a difference in the lives of Special Olympics Athletes!
For registration questions, please contact Manager, Volunteers Nina Hadar at email@example.com
Special Olympics Fall Games Fountain Valley, CA
12 different Knights of Columbus Councils from three different chapters helped with this event. The Knights cooked and served 3,200 lunches in this two day event and our State Deputy and his wife as well as our State Service Programs Director and his wife there to support the athletes.
“Thank you to everyone who participated as athletes, coaches, volunteers, and spectators at the first weekend of Fall Games on November 12 & 13 at Fountain Valley Sports Park! The Fall Games continue on December 4 at The Rinks in Huntington Beach for Floor Hockey and Fountain Bowl in Fountain Valley for Bowling. Both weekends of the Games will attract more than 1,100 athletes from across Southern California who will compete for gold, silver, and bronze medals and ribbons! Admission is free and open to the public.
Special Olympics Southern California enriches the lives of more than 26,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and their communities in Southern California through sports, education, and athlete health.” Source: https://www.sosc.org/fallgames
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 test your strength, stamina, and endurance at the 11th Annual Plane Pull fundraiser at the Long Beach Airport.
Special Olympics Southern California’s Plane Pull is a fun team competition to see which group can pull a 124,000 pound FedEx Boeing 757 airplane the fastest. In 2015, we raised more than $93,000 for Special Olympics Southern California.
CLICK HERE for more information.